Sunday, January 9, 2011
North Star Cruises Lowers Prices - More Opportunity
The company explained that the move to lower prices was an affirmative action designed to keep North Star in-step with a changed market.
Commenting at the time, the company's general manager, Peter Trembath, said "the changes are consistent with North Star's reputation for being a market leader and will surely make our cruises even more irresistible to the discerning adventurer!"
In addition to lower prices - North Star also announced 4 completely different options to cruise the magnificent Kimberley region.
The Kimberley Ultimate has always been North Star's flagship adventure. A two-week soiree along the Kimberley coast featuring a wild and beautiful panorama of rugged mountains, spectacular gorges and majestic waterfalls. Plus unexplained rock-art, extraordinary wildlife and monster barramundi.
Kimberley Gorges (7 nights)
The Kimberley Gorges itinerary features the northern half of the Kimberley
Ultimate cruise. Here the landscape is dominated by the Kimberley's stunning gorge country including the Berkeley River, the King George Falls and the Mitchell River. The cruise includes helicopter/aircraft transfer to Broome.
Kimberley Islands (6 nights)
The Kimberley Islands itinerary features the southern half of the Kimberley Ultimate cruise. A totally different Kimberley experience featuring the exhilarating Horizontal Waterfalls, intriguing Montgomery Reef and the mighty Price Regent River. The cruise includes helicopter/aircraft transfer from Broome.
Kimberley Snapshot (7 nights)
And finally, the best of the best
For those pressed for time or perhaps considering the budget - the Kimberley Snapshot is the flagship Kimberley Ultimate itinerary condensed into a single week! The cruise features several Kimberley icons including the King Gorge Falls, the Hunter River, the Prince Regent River, Montgomery Reef and the Horizontal Waterfalls.
Full details are available at
True North Background
The multi-award winning adventure-cruise ship, True North, allows discerning guests to experience wilderness in surroundings more akin to one of the world's most exclusive hotels.
Lavish features include:
* A sundeck, forward observation lounge, ship's lounge, alfresco bar, internet cafe, plasma screens with interpretive information, lower deck dining room with large panoramic windows, and fine dining.
* All cabins feature enhanced decor, en-suite facilities, in-house entertainment and satellite telephones.
* Multiple expedition boats (6) allow passengers greater opportunity to do "what they want, when they want".
* To add another dimension to adventure - most cruise options feature an onboard helicopter.
* The purpose built True North is able to explore the upper reaches of shallow river systems.
* Adventure-cruises are conducted all around the Australian coastline and in the stunning waters of Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands.
The True North - one of the finest adventure-cruise ships in the world
For more information visit www.northstarcruises.com.au